I have been teaching Spanish in public high schools for 27 years. I gained proficiency in the Spanish language during a two year stay in Colombia after college and has a certificate of Spanish study from the Javeriana University in Bogotá, Colombia in 2014. I live in Poland, Maine with my wife of 25 years, Beth, my 17-year old son, Gabe, and Lexi, our 9.25 pound Mini Dachshund.
Gabe is heading off to Thomas College in the fall where he will study Elementary Education. My family and I are huge fans of baseball and spend as much time watching and talking about baseball as possible.
Education & Background
- MA, Spanish, Middlebury College, Middlebury Vermont, 1998
- BSEd,Secondary Education, University of Maine at Farmington, Farmington, Maine, 1990
- BA, Political Science (minor in Economics) Gordon College, Wenham, Massachusetts, 1984
- Certificate of Completion - Spanish Course, La Javeriana, Bogotá Colombia, 1987
- ACTFL - American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language
- FLAME - Foreign Language Association of Maine
- MSTOYA - Maine State Teacher of the Year Association
- 2015 Northeast Conference Foreign Language Teacher of the Year - FINALIST
- 2015 Maine Foreign Language Teacher of the Year
- 2014 Androscoggin County Teacher of the Year
- 2015 Maine Teacher of the Year - FINALIST
National Board Certified